MCNE is committed to applying environmentally sustainable and culturally sensitive practices in all aspects of our business.
Main Camp Natural Extracts is committed to ensuring that the processes we put in place now, are considerate to both the eco-systems and the cultural heritage of the oils and the unique area from which they propagate. We wish for future generations to enjoy this wonderful landscape and take advantage of all the benefits our oils can offer. A key expression of Main Camp's commitment in this area is the 2011 achievement of ISO14001 accreditation for the farm and our practices. This ISO14001 accreditation for our environmental practices gives our customers comfort and reassurance that in buying oil from Main Camp customers are buying from an organization with a real commitment to sustainability and longevity.
MCNE hosts an abundance of biological diversity on the property and actively protects some of Australia’s rarest flora and fauna as part of our comprehensive environmental plan.
As the oil is extracted from the leaf of the tree, harvesting means the tree remains in the ground and a new crop is cultivated from the same tree over the next 9-12 months using secure water resources. All residual biomass following tea tree oil extraction is recycled as soil mulch both on and off the farm so nothing is wasted.
MCNE respects the origins of this oil and pays tribute to the Bundjalung peoples of Northern NSW who have been using this oil for therapeutic purposes for centuries.
Health, Safety, Environment & Quality Policy
Main Camp Natural Extracts Pty Ltd values its employees, contractors, customers and the environment and communities in which we operate and live. We are committed to comply with Health, Safety and Environmental laws as well as voluntary requirements to which our organisation subscribes.
Main Camp Natural Extracts Pty Ltd strives to produce the highest quality tea tree and other oils, and to provide excellent service, meeting or exceeding our customers’ expectations.
Main Camp Natural Extracts Pty Ltd integrated HSEQ Management System provides the framework for management and continual improvement throughout all our activities. We are pleased that our systems and commitment have led to the business uniquely achieving ISO9001 and ISO14001 accreditation but our commitment does not stop with accreditation. Through the implementation of our Integrated Management System we are committed to:
· Maintaining a safe workplace and preventing environmental pollution
· Creating a safe and sustainable future for generations
· Proactively identifying and managing our HSE risks, and implementing effective controls
· Reducing our energy, water and natural resources consumption and waste generation
· Setting and achieving HSEQ objectives, targets and improvement plans
· Utilisation of information and reliable tools, processes and methods to implement and monitor improvement
· To ensuring suppliers provide products and services conforming to our requirements
· Understanding and responding to the changing needs of our customers
· Measuring and continually improving our HSEQ performance through regular audits, inspections, internal reporting and reviews
All employees, contractors and visitors are accountable for behaving in a safe and environmentally responsible manner at all times. Every employee, contractor, and visitor has a personal responsibility to implement this policy.